Whether you’re someone who routinely skips beets or already eat them, you will love this roasted beet salad.
- 3 medium beets with tops trimmed to 1”
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap beets tightly in heavy-duty foil.
- Roast beets until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool, peel and cut into cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice, honey, vinegar, orange zest, mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add pear, onion and roasted beets and toss to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates and serve topped with cheese and almonds.
- Feel free to skip the almonds if you don’t want the added crunch.
- Swap in other healthy dressings to change things up.
- Category: Salads
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 14.2g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: roasted beet salad recipe, roasted beet and goat cheese salad, beet salad, beet salad recipe, roasted beet salad with goat cheese, beet goat cheese salad, beet and goat cheese salad,