Barbecued brisket is not only a beautiful and ridiculously delicious thing to have, but the leftovers are amazing. Here are some ideas from the Chowhound Home Cooking discussion board on what to do with leftover smoked brisket, well worth bringing out of the archives. And we added a few other options for leftover brisket we love.
Related Reading: How to Smoke Brisket Like a Pitmaster
4. Think grilled cheese with bacon is good? Try it with smoked brisket and prepare to swoon.
5. Barbecued brisket makes the best smoky ragu for spooning over polenta or mashed potatoes. –goodhealthgourmet
6. Shred your leftover brisket for enchiladas.
8. Smoked brisket leftovers make the best pot pie or shepherd’s pie you’ll ever taste. –ipsedixit
9. Give smoked brisket the chile verde treatment. Chop and add onions, garlic, ground cumin, tomatoes, and poblano chiles that you’ve charred, peeled, and seeded. Cook as you would any other chili (start with step 3 in this White Chicken Chili recipe). –ruafoodie
Related Reading: 9 Interesting Sides for Summer Grilling and BBQ
10. Make fried rice studded with brisket. Gail Simmons’ Christmas Brisket Fried Rice doesn’t use barbecued brisket, but there’s no reason you shouldn’t!
11. Obvious idea, but perfect: pile that leftover BBQ brisket on nachos. Nothing better.