These quinoa stuffed peppers are veggie-friendly and made with roasted peppers, nutritious onions and zucchini, and protein-packed quinoa.
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cook quinoa with stock according to box.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle bell peppers with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast cut side down until skin begins to char, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While bell peppers roast, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 10–12 minutes. Add reserved quinoa. Sprinkle with parsley and stir to combine.
- Turn bell peppers cut side up and fill halves evenly with quinoa mixture. Drizzle with oil as desired. Heat in the oven until warmed through. Served topped with cheese.
- If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, try a melty cheese like mozzarella, and warm in the oven until the cheese bubbles on the peppers.
- Use vegetable stock if you want to keep this vegetarian.
- If you want some added protein, you can mix a little grass-fed beef in with the quinoa if you aren’t focused on keeping this recipe vegetarian.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Half a pepper
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 6.8g
- Sodium: 532mg
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.1g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: stuffed bell peppers, stuffed peppers recipe, vegetarian stuffed peppers, stuffed bell pepper, bell pepper recipes, stuffed bell peppers recipe, stuffed pepper recipe, stuffed green peppers, stuffed bell pepper recipe, how to make stuffed peppers,