These easy-to-make, stuffed mushrooms are filled with a creamy filling with just enough turkey bacon to liven up taste buds.
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, divided
- 20 cremini mushroom caps
- 1 package uncured turkey bacon
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup grated raw goat cheese (or sheep cheese)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter, diced into 20 pieces
- ½ cup chives
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Brush the mushroom caps with the coconut oil and place them top down on a baking sheet.
- Use the remaining oil to grease another baking sheet.
- Distribute the bacon evenly on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms and bacon for 15 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and bacon are baking, bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower well and remove any excess water by patting with paper towels.
- Without allowing the cauliflower to cool, add the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor and puree until almost smooth.
- Remove the mushrooms and bacon from the oven.
- Chop up the bacon.
- Flip the mushroom caps and fill them with the cauliflower mixture.
- Place one piece of butter on top of the mixture.
- Crumble and sprinkle the bacon on top of each mushroom.
- Serve immediately.
Serve as a party snack, appetizer or even as a side dish.
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks, Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 868mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms recipe