This vegan coconut cocoa cheesecake is one you’ll want to serve company. One bite will turn anyone into a real food convert.
- 3 cups walnuts
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of sea salt (about 1/6 teaspoon)
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked and rinsed well*
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- one 14-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ cup coconut flakes
- In a food processor, blend together the walnuts, dates, vanilla and sea salt until dough is formed.
- Spread the dough evenly in the bottom of an ungreased, 9-inch springform pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place all of the filling ingredients into a blender and blend on low speed until well-blended.
- Remove the crust from the freezer.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the crust, cover the pan and replace the cake in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Defrost the cake in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on the top before serving.
- *Quick soaked cashews: To cut down on soaking time, add cashews to a pot and cover with water by 1/2 inch. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the cashews to soak for 1 hour. Drain the cashews, rinse with cold water, and use.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 88g
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 12.4g
- Sodium: 116mg
- Fat: 30.6g
- Saturated Fat: 14.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan coconut cocoa cheesecake recipe