Garlic lemon chicken brings the best immune-boosting foods together in one delicious, protein-packed dish, perfect for any time of the year.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. In a small bowl, make a paste with the garlic, lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Carefully separate the chicken skin from the breasts and spread the paste under the skin.
- Place the chicken breasts skin side up in a 9×13 baking dish. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the chicken breasts. Pour the wine and remaining lemon juice into the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover the pan, increase heat to 425, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the top rack to brown and crisp the skin.
- Enjoy hot with pan juice or refrigerate for picnics and sandwiches.
- Substitute chicken or vegetable broth for the wine if you prefer.
- You can opt for skinless and/or deboned chicken as well.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 568
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Fat: 32.7g
- Saturated Fat: 11.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 20.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 61.3g
- Cholesterol: 201mg
Keywords: garlic lemon chicken recipe, healthy lemon garlic chicken, lemon garlic chicken recipe, garlic lemon chicken marinade, garlic lemon chicken baked,