This gluten-free shortbread recipe is a much better alternative to what you can buy in stores thanks to its healthy ingredients.
- 3 cups gluten-free Paleo flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk or almond milk
- Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar with a hand mixer, in a separate bowl, until fluffy.
- Add in almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, mixing until well-combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, mixing evenly.
- Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Shape dough into circles about 1½ inches in diameter and about ⅛- to ¼-inch thick.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- I use coconut milk in this recipe. You can swap it out for almond milk or the milk substitute of your choice.
- If you have no concerns with gluten and don’t have Paleo flour handy, all-purpose flour works as well — though it will no longer be gluten-free.
- You can make variations of this recipe to have different flavors of cookies, whether you’re thinking lemon shortbread cookies, chocolate or whatever sweet you’re craving.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2-3 cookies
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 20.3g
- Saturated Fat: 14.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
Keywords: shortbread recipe, shortbread recipes, gluten-free shortbread, shortbread cookies, shortbread cookies recipe, keto shortbread cookies, best shortbread recipe, shortbread cookie recipe, shortbread cookie recipes, best shortbread cookie recipe,