Have you always been wondering how to achieve clear, spotless skin overnight? Is your history on Google search overflowing with ways to achieve flawless looking skin? We totally understand your obsession with picture-perfect skin and your hunt for numerous sources that talk about achieving the same. We get it, having clear skin means spending less amount of time to do your makeup and an even lesser amount of money on skincare products.
We think that the best way to deal with all the spots and scars on our skin is to follow the rule of going all-natural with our beauty treatments. You don’t even have to buy any natural beauty products here. Because we consider home remedies to be fool-proof and much safer for our skin, won’t you agree with us on that? So, it’s time for you to rifle through your kitchen’s pantry and concoct your own unique skin clearing potions. If you don’t have your magic potions yet, here are a few easy-peasy home remedies that will clear your skin and reveal its natural lustre.
1. Neem + Curd Face Mask
- A handful of neem leaves
- 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- Neatly wash the neem leaves and crush it with the help of a mortar and pestle to obtain a decent smooth paste
- Add yogurt to this and mix well
- Apply this mixture on the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with water
Neem having infection-fighting properties are considered to be perfect for treating spots and scars on the skin. The medicinal properties of neem help lighten the spots making it clear (1).
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- One part of apple cider vinegar
- One part of water
- Cotton balls
- Mix vinegar and water together
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the prepared mixture
- Dab it over the spots on your face and leave it overnight
- Wash the area in the morning and pat dry
You can do this every night before going to bed. The acidic properties of ACV exfoliate the dead skin cells. This helps in revealing the fresh layer of skin. ACV also acts as an astringent which prevents your pores from getting infected (2).
3. Honey + Baking Soda Scrub
- One teaspoon of honey
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix honey and baking soda together
- Apply this paste on your face and massage your face for about a minute
- Rinse with water and pat dry
Honey is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals that provide nourishment to the skin. The cleansing properties of honey help to keep the pores clean (3).
Baking soda also called Sodium Bicarbonate, on the other hand, balances out the pH level of the skin which prevents the growth of bacteria or microbes that can cause blemishes (3).
4. Aloe Vera
- One leaf of the aloe vera plant
- Get rid of the thorny sides of the aloe leaf
- Also, remove the outer green cover of the leaf
- Scoop out the gel with the help of a spoon or just cut the gel into pieces
- Rub the aloe gel on your face for a minute and let it dry
- Caution: please note that certain skin types react negatively on the application of aloe vera. Therefore, always do a patch test first and then go ahead
You can rub aloe on your skin every day. Aloe vera is known to have antiseptic properties which are very essential to treat dark spots on the skin. It’s soothing effect and naturally moisturizing properties are all you need to treat spots and blemishes (4).
5. Mint Face Pack
- A bunch of mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Clean the mint leaves
- Either crush them or blend them into a smooth paste
- Add lemon juice to the mint paste and mix
- Wash your face thoroughly
- Apply this mixture of mint and lime on your face
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and cleanse your face
Mint is known to benefit the skin in more than one way. Topical application of mint helps fade the scars and the intake of mint in the form of juice purifies the blood and reduces the chances of re-occurrence of acne (5). Vitamin A present in mint also helps keep a tab on the oil production of the skin.
Now that you know the natural pearls of wisdom to get spot-free skin, get started with these home remedies mentioned in this video and don’t wait any further. These remedies will leave you with clear, glowing skin within weeks. If you know of any other remedies, do let us know in the comments section below.
Brought to you by Stylecraze. Read the rest of the article here.